Diploma in Diet, Health and Wellness Coaching
About this Course
This unique and innovative two year, blended learning practitioner training course combines our extremely popular Certificate in Dietary Counselling with our brand new Advanced Certificate in Health and Wellness Coaching in order to give graduates a highly effective set of skills and 3 individual professional qualifications which are ideally suited to the modern healthcare professional and maximise income potential. Graduates will not only be qualified to give comprehensive advice on diet and lifestyle to their clients but will also have the skills required to effectively help them to facilitate these changes, overcome barriers to change and improve health in the long term.
Starting with the Certificate in Dietary Counselling, we examine food from farm to fork and discuss exactly how food is grown, processed and nutritionally depleted and the cumulative effect this has on health. Students are then taught how to analyse a client's individual needs and instructed how food, nutrients, supplements and lifestyle changes can be used to counteract modern lifestyles and promote optimum health. For further information on the Certificate in Dietary Counselling, please click here
Graduates from the Certificate in Dietary Counselling can then move onto our Advanced Certificate in Health and Wellness Coaching, which includes 2 professional qualifications in Health and Wellness Coaching and Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP). The health and wellness coaching teaches students the latest evidence based behavioural change techniques and coaching skills including motivational interviewing, building an alliance with clients, understanding ‘readiness to change’, goal setting and planning, coaching in different healthcare settings and clinical practice. The NLP qualification gives students practical new skills in understanding language and behaviour, identifying representational systems, anchoring, linguistics and rapport building. We also include two further modules in stress management and entrepreneurship to ensure graduates are uniquely positioned to help clients prevent and manage the vast array of chronic illnesses associated with the Western diet and lifestyle, whilst having the knowledge and skills required to ensure success within this exciting healthcare arena. For further information on the Certificate in Health and Wellness Coaching, please click here.
- Join a new generation of healthcare professionals and open up to limitless opportunities in the healthcare arena
- Gain 3 professional qualifications during your studies - Dietary Counselling, NLP and Health and Wellness Coaching, allowing graduates to offer 3 different services and to maximise potential income
- Register with the FNTP (Federation of Nutritional Therapy Practitioners) after year 1 and start practicing as a Dietary Counsellor immediately - avail of the option to take an ITEC exam to receive the ITEC Diploma in Diet and Nutrition for Complementary Healthcare Practitioners
- Register with the ANLP (Association of NLP Practitioners) on graduation
- Recognised for 37 Approved Coach Specific Training Hours (ACSTH) with the International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Become one of Ireland’s first health and wellness coaches - (be recognised for 37 approved coach specific training hours. Recognised for CPD points with the Irish College of General Practitioners and An Bord Altranais, the Irish Nursing Board)
- Start seeing clients and earning immediately - all consultation paperwork for each discipline provided to graduates
- Practice with confidence - Practitioner insurance options available on successful graduation
- Suitable for current healthcare professionals or those looking for an exciting career in this area
- Get listed on the IHS website as a Health and Wellness Coach, NLP practitioner and stress management expert
This diploma is a lifelong learning course and students are accepted on to this course through a combination of academic qualifications and relevant life experience.
(i) Normal minimum entry requirements
The minimum academic entry requirement for this course is a grade C at Junior Certificate or 4 GCSEs grades A to C. Equivalent international qualifications will also be accepted. A background in healthcare is beneficial.
(ii) Prior Learning and Prior Experiential Learning
Applicants with Prior Learning and Experiential Prior Learning will also be considered. All knowledge, skills and competencies accumulated through life and work experience will be considered.
All applicants will be interviewed to determine their suitability for the course.
How to Apply
Training is an investment in your future. As with any investment it is important to identify what you wish to gain and which course will be most suitable for your needs. The Institute staff will spend time speaking with you to ensure you have all the information you need to make the right decision. We recommend you attend one of our regular open evenings to find out more about the course structure, content and career opportunities.
All IHS courses require dedication and commitment to lecture attendance and home study. You will be required to attend an open evening/day or to be interviewed by appointment. Applications are judged and places are awarded on merit.
To enrol you will need to complete the application form, save it and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like IHS to contact you please fill out our online contact form and a staff member will get in touch with you shortly.